EQ for High Performance Certification for Financial Consultants (IBF-FTS)
Programme Code: P210914GVY
18, 19, 20 & 21 April 2022
People trained in EQ will be able to accept challenges and adapt to new situations quickly. By becoming emotionally resilient, they will be able to recover from setbacks and handle any situation without coming apart or having it negatively affect other customer interactions.
Emotional intelligence is the ability to perceive emotions in ourselves and others. It is the ability to use the appropriate emotion to create the best outcomes and to understand how emotional reactions create different outcomes.
By teaching people techniques to manage their emotions and think resourcefully, we will help them adapt to adversities and significant stressors faced in the course of their day. EQ will allow them to bounce back from difficult experiences and move them into solution mode.
Being trained in EQ does not mean that a person will not experience difficulties or stress, but rather they will learn the behaviors, thoughts and actions that will allow them to confidently deal with the difficulties with others.
This certification is an exciting programme that is both practical & experientially based. It is meant for the Financial Consultant to grow mentally and emotionally as they progress in their work. The program will facilitate and help them to have a clear perspective of their behaviors as well as learn strategies to achieve and maintain their highest level of performance.
KEY OBJECTIVES :
Using the Emotional Intelligence (EQ) Competency Profile to:
- Develop Self in both Business and Personal aspects to Become a High Performing Financial Consultant or Agency Leader
- Manage Clients and Prospects better by applying more EQ skills in the Financial Consultant’s everyday life
- Acquire an understanding of why EQ is critical for Success and High Performance in the Insurance Industry.
- Be aware of your present Values and its consequent impact on defining your Purpose to live a Meaningful Life as a Financial Consultant or Agency Leader.
- Learn to identify your Emotional state and understand the Wisdom of emotions, not just your own but that of your fellow Financial Consultants, Clients or Prospects
- Recognize your unconscious Habits so as to take action on these auto-pilot Patterns.
- Learn to have better Control of your Impulses and exercise Self-control, especially when dealing with Challenging Situations.
- Build Mental, Emotional and Physical Resilience through managing Negative emotions and overcoming emotional Hijack without responding impulsively, especially in the stressful and demanding Insurance Industry.
- Appreciate the value of Optimism, practice reframing and the language that frames others’ thinking especially with fellow Financial Consultants, Clients or Prospects.
- Practice Self-Efficacy to better Manage Time, Set Goals, Prioritize and Achieve your Targets with Confidence and Focus.
- Delve deeper into the Win/Win model, apply this to objectively identify appropriate Solutions in difficult situations at Work with fellow Financial Consultants, Clients or Prospects and to resolve Conflicts with Sensitivity and Tact.
- Develop Trust and Trustworthiness for better Communication with fellow Financial Consultants, Clients or Prospects.
- Practice giving Feedback that are fundamental to Influencing, raising Morale and Productivity in the Agency.
- Practice Empathic Listening and how it impacts you when communicating with fellow Financial Consultants, Clients or Prospects in all circumstances.
- Understanding your EQ Competencies which provides Insights into your Strengths and Areas for Improvement using the EQ Competency Profile.
- Setting your Action Plans to develop yourself to become a Balanced and High Performing Financial Consultant.
AUDIENCE: Agency Leaders, Financial Consultants
DURATION: 4 day workshop (Total 28 hours)
MATERIALS: Workbook, Slides & EQ Competency Profile
COST: S $ 2500.00
NETT FEE: S$500.00 till 30 June 2022 (Additional $280 TAG Grant. Terms & Conditions apply)
WORKSHOP: Live / Virtual on Zoom with 20 – 25 pax
CERTIFICATION ON COMPLETION: EQ PRACTITIONER CERTIFICATION
What did you like about the program? And how relevant is it for the Insurance industry?
The program has open my eyes to what a high performance leader with EQ skills can do so much to help his team to capitalise on his/her unique strengths and make them rise above their present limitations. It is very relevant to my industry as this is something I do regularly with my financial services consultants to halt their self-limiting beliefs and behaviours and replace with mindful focus and clear purpose.
What specific skills did you learn that will help you do your work better?
There are many skills that I pickup throughout the course. I learnt that Emotional Competence is the single most important personal quality that I must develop and access in order to have a breakthrough in my relationship with my clients and team.
What were 1 or 2 main take away nuggets?
One nugget I took away was to understand and interpret the EQ Competency Framework. Each of the 9 EQ behaviours together with the 3 zones namely ‘Core’ Zone, ‘Self’ Zone and ‘Others’ Zone help me to verify my competency scores and to start work on them to develop myself and improve relationships with others.
Why would you recommend this to others to take?
I believe it is a competency skill that any Financial Advisor must possess in order to be a good and effective person and leader.
AIA Singapore, Financial Services Director
“The EQ Competency Framework that is introduced by Gran and Marion helps me to identify and understand various behaviors exhibited in others as a function of their EQ competency. Importantly, we are equipped with a comprehensive “toolkit” which is useful in helping us adopt techniques in guiding others towards better EQ mastery. Above all, the entire course itself is a journey of self-discovery and increasing self-awareness to understanding our own EQ competencies, so that we can ourselves be mindful and work towards managing our own mental states in different situations so that we become more competent and effective leaders and communicators ourselves.”
Senior Personal Wealth Manager, AIA Singapore